Thursday, June 6, 2013

Between the Cracks



Time passes by unnoticed. Our sense of ‘just the other day’, compared to the reality of how much space has actually fluttered by, is distorted. At least, that’s how I feel most of the time.

I often felt like I could have been more productive in these past two years but I also realise that all the so-called ‘time off’ and ‘taking a break’ was in fact, a time of recuperation and healing for me. During this time, I reviewed my lifestyle, my diet, my goals in life and what’s important to me…building the foundations for my future.

While on this self-imposed sabbatical, I published my first novel, studied for a year with the SA Writers’ College, launched my author website, became healthier, (slightly) fitter and started to regain my focus. Granted, this is a long-term journey and I am only beginning to walk this path.

I guess it wasn’t actually a break. Seems I accomplished quite a lot after all, just shifted my focus. Time to shift focus again…

With my first novel out of the way, I’m now starting work on the sequel. The first book was just a warm-up and I hope all that I’ve learned thus far on writing stories, will reflect in the next book.

So even the cement that holds the cracks together is important on some level. Let’s not dwell on what could’ve, should’ve or must be. Live in the moment, do what’s right for you in that moment and just live your life.



Cover for my first book, with art by +denzil roos.

Now that we’re all caught up, let’s see what the future holds. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment