Saturday, December 25, 2010

Enough!

Why do we always only see the bad in people. Never the good. Always the things they do wrong, the mistakes they make - and never the things they do right or the things they make right. All we do is complain about our lives, about others and about the way things are. Never do we say thanks, acknowledge thoughtfulness or change things for the better.

It breaks my heart.

The bickering, the fighting, the hate and disgust. The disappointment, failures - the utter lack of any positive emotion. A world of angry people spreading like cancer. Lives filled with sadness, contagious unto suffering.

It poisons my soul.

A society run on greed and power. Corrupt systems, unjustness and a volatile disrespect for life in any form. I cannot see past the darkness we've created. The darkness I helped create. Hope is the only thing keeping me from drowning.

A hope that is dwindling.

Each day I hope things will change. Each day I hope, things will get better. So lost in the darkness - it's become hard to breath. I'm grasping for air. I feel so disconnected.

And then, I see it. A shimmer of light. Has it always been there - I never saw it before. I see it now and I will follow it out. I shall conquer my darkness and in so doing, become a beacon of light so that those around me, trapped in their own darkness, can see my light. May it help them, guide them out of their own darkness - so that they too can become beacons of light for those around them.

May we all follow our Light and remember what it means to Love. Enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment